Who qualifies to live in The Almshouses?
- Residents should be persons who were resident in the area of benefit at the time of their appointment and/or, within the trustees’ reasonable opinion, are persons in sufficient need, hardship or distress and requiring urgent support, with a preference being given to persons who are resident in the Parish of Winchcombe.
- The “area of benefit” includes Winchcombe, Alderton, Brockhampton, Didbrook, Hawling, Prescott, Stanley Pontlarge, Stanway, Sudeley Manor, Cowley, Coberley, Up Hatherley, Leckhampton, Prestbury, Swindon Village, Cutsdean, Temple Guiting, Toddington, Guiting Power and Sevenhampton.
- Any persons appointed to the Almshouses formerly belonging to Dent’s Almshouse Charity should preferably be members of the Church of England or other denomination in membership of Churches Together in England.
Monthly Maintenance Contribution (MMC)
The monthly maintenance contribution is payable in advance on the first day of each month by standing order. The amount you pay is a contribution towards the cost of running the charity. Items covered by the MMC include:
- Building alterations, repairs and maintenance, and buildings insurance.
- Servicing and repair of water, gas and electrical installations.
- External maintenance and decoration costs.
The MMC for 2019/2020 are:
- Chandos studio flats £341.82 (this includes water charges, communal heating and hot water).
- Chandos one bedroom flat £507.73 (this includes water charges, communal heating and hot water).
- Dent’s Terrace £487.00 (this includes water charges only).
All residents are responsible for payment of council tax and electricity.
Council tax bands are:
- Chandos studio flats Band A
- Chandos one bedroom flat Band B
- Dent’s Terrace Band D
Residents on low income may be entitled to Universal Credit, Pension Credit or other benefits relating to income from employment or disability.
Details of Universal Credit can be obtained from the Universal Credit Helpline – 0800 3289344
Housing support advice can be obtained from GreenSquare tel 01452 726951 or email email@example.com Citizens Advice Bureau can also give advice – 01452 527202
Details on Council Tax Benefit can be obtained from Tewkesbury Borough Council Benefits Helpline – 01684 272035 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To enquire about living in one of our Almshouses please download and print the form below. Post or e mail the completed form to the address at the bottom of the form.